If it’s your turn to host your family for the holidays in Syracuse, it is normal to be a little stressed. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
No matter if you are having five or 50 relatives over for the holidays, these tips can help prepare you and your home to effortlessly look calm and collected.
- A storage-packed island will give you maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies allows you to simply put all of the dishes away and say goodbye to your one-and-done pans.
- The holidays are a wonderful time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are virtually endless.
- As if winter months aren’t a good enough reason, use the holidays as motivation to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Syracuse to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and cozy holiday.
- Add some life in the dead of winter. Through this chilly season in Syracuse, you might struggle to find bright colors outside of your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether the kids need a table or there simply aren’t enough seats, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Popular opinion says holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food completes the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Syracuse every year. If you don’t like cooking, add fun with festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Now is the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- Asthe one of the most untouched areas of most homes, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you want a festive look or an elegant feel, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you can take advantage of endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Make use of your untouched space and add tables, chairs or even a storage bench. Make this a special space for your family to enjoy the holidays, and spend time together throughout the year.
- Last, no matter how many projects you complete before the holidays, only do what you can and still make time with your loved ones. Any projects you complete will make your house more inviting. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Syracuse than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more ideas about how to make your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, stop in to see our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Syracuse showroom or reach us at 315-565-0399.