Fall is just around the corner in Syracuse, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the ambiance of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are many ways to produce levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Syracuse a call at 315-565-0399 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!