Winter weather is just around the corner in Syracuse and when the temperature drops, the energy costs can often get higher. There are several things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Syracuse winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Syracuse team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Syracuse.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Syracuse a call at 315-565-0399 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.