We have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Syracuse. Whether that’s through our own business practices or creating energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits in every season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 features the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on specific climates. The three below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with a double coating of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler during the hottest months. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Consult your Syracuse Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass styles or our best product for the Syracuse region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between the glass panes to give additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room in the winter; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Syracuse Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Discover more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.